How are you today .?
I’m one of those that believe that the choice of your outfit affects the state of your mind and also your self esteem . Formal wear generally triggers feelings of power, and this totally explains why I felt like I was soaring in this purple number by Mae Otti.
Growing up, I had a LOT of suits for a young girl, and I hated all of them. I would put up some throwback pictures for y’al sometime in future. So I grew up thinking suits were boring and for the ‘uncool’.. But the story has changed for me.
Here are 5 tips to ensure your suits are not boring;
- Get your perfect size, there is nothing like wearing a bespoke suit. If you cannot get one, stick to your size.
- Don’t be afraid of colours ; navy blue, royal blue, olive green and even mustard 🙂
- Rock Separates; either a black blazer with grey bottoms or Blue blazer with brown bottoms.
- Wear camisoles, or Vintage shirts or Tops inside your suits or long sleeved shirts. Just be comfortable with your choice.
- Accessorise with brooches/Lapel pins
I felt like I could hang out with Harvey Specter in Suits (Tv Series) and not look out of place. It also affected my mood positively all day. I decided to go with a black top and black court shoes ( court shoes are my thang guys.!) so the focus would be on the suit.
What do you think about suits generally. Yay or Nay.?
Please Like, Comment and Share.!